Monday, January 6, 2014

Wild Horses

Wild Horses
Intro:  G///  C/// 2Xs
Verse 1:
G                                                             Cadd9
You’ve been riding your pretty white stallion
                                                         G
I’ve been walking my spotted grey mare
                                                                Cadd9
There are oceans and deserts between us
                                                              G
But our lungs are filled with the same air
                                                         Cadd9
Our lungs are filled with the same air
G                                        Cadd9
Last night I went into the city
                                            G
To get drunk alone on the street
                                                      Cadd9
No I didn’t see the second swing comin’
                                                            G
But at least, this time I stayed on my feet
                                        Cadd9 no5
This time I stayed on my feet.

Chorus:
Em                                                    C
And I witnessed all your countries crumble
                                           Em
While I camp alone in the night
                                                            C
This modern world ain’t nothin’ but trouble
                                                 A7
But at least I can read by the light
                                            Cadd9 no5
Of your cities that burn so bright.
*fingerpick*  Cadd9 no5       Cmaj7

Verse 2:
G                              Cadd9
Cast off all of your reflections
                                               G
‘cos all of those mirrors tell lies
                                                            Cadd9
This world may disintegrate beneath us
                                                   G
But by then, we will be able to fly
                               Cadd9
We will be able to fly.

Back to Chorus
Bridge:
G
I can smell that storm a-comin’
                                                      Cadd9
You’re comin’ like a banshee will scream
            G
In the absence of nothin’
                                                      Cadd9
My fists start to clench and then bleed, bleed, bleed

Back to Chorus

Verse 3:
G                                                        Cadd9
You’ve been riding my old painted pony
                                                      G
I’ve been walking your shiny nightmare
                                                Cadd9
The blood in our hearts begin pulsing
                                                                   G
To the rhythm and the thoughts that we share
                                                                               Cadd9
To the rhythm and the thoughts that we share

*fingerpick*  Cadd9 no5       Cmaj7


Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment